Painting in Italy… Booking now!
I’ll be running my plein air course at Hotel Leone in the Le Marche region of Italy, September 21st-28th 2024.
Le Marche is similar to Tuscany – quieter, but just as dramatic and beautiful. The views stretch out to the coast one way and the Sibillini mountains the other – with medieval hilltop villages and towns in between. It is a painters paradise!
I am passionate about teaching a solid painterly technique, from compositional skills and tonal study through to colour mixing and brushwork. Much of my process is about mixing colours and tones accurately, with a freer, loose application of paint to achieve impressionistic light and movement. With a simple palette, in oils or acrylics as you prefer, we will follow this process from plein air study through to studio finish, simplifying the stunning scenery of the area to depict beautifully composed, atmospheric paintings; full of light.
Click here to book or find out more information.
- All painting holiday tuition fees
- 7 nights luxury en-suite accommodation – see our rooms here
- Group airport transfers to and from either Ancona airport or Pedaso (station or bus stop)*
- All meals including breakfast, lunch or gourmet picnics on location and evening meals
- Delicious local house wine with lunch and evening meal
- 5 days painting tuition including 2 days’ excursions to stunning locations
- Transportation to painting locations
- Unlimited use of lockable studio
- Easels, boards and painting chairs supplied.
*On the day of arrival Hotel Leone will organise pick up times based on the groups arrival times either into Ancona airport or at the local train or coach stops.
More information coming soon!